Wavelength range: 350 to 1200nm
- Wavelength accuracy: ±0.05 nm
- Wavelength resolution: 0.02 to 10 nm and 0.01nm (400 to 470nm)
- Max safe input power: +20 dBm
- Level sensitivity: -80 dBm
- Dynamic range: ≧60dB
- Single-mode, Multimode, and Large-core fibers
- Built-in optical alignment source
- Wavelength calibration with an external reference source
- Various analysis functions including the Color analysis function for VIS
405 nm FP-LD measurement (resolution setting: 0.01 nm)
In 400-470nm range, achieves even higher resolution.
- Optical active devices(Laser diode/Fiber laser)
- Optical passive devices(Filter/FBG/Specialty optical fiber)
- Development support of Applied photonics equipment
- Medical/Bio: Laser therapy, DNA sequencing, Microscope
- Industrial: Laser micro-machine, laser maker
- Home Electronics: Laser projector, Next-gen optical disc, LED products
- Measurement Sensing: LIDAR, Interferometer
- Telecom: Plastic Optical fiber (POF) communication
World-class optical performance
High Resolution & High Dynamic Range
The advanced monochromator achieves high wavelength resolution and high close-in dynamic range. With the sharper spectral characteristics of the monochromator, spectral signals in close proximity can be separated clearly and measured accurately.
Weak optical signals can be measured accurately and quickly.
7 sensitivity settings
Can be selected according to test applications and measurement speed requirements.
High dynamic mode
Obtains a better dynamic range by reducing the influence of stray-light, which is caused when the input is a strong optical signal.
Pulsed Light Measurement
Peak-Hold and External trigger mode
Measure a pulse peak spectrum of a pulsed light signal. Often used in the transmission loop testing of telecommunication systems, and also in the low power measurement at the early stage of laser chip development to catch the peak power of a pulsed signal.
Free Space Input
■Multimode and single mode fiber on the same OSA
■Small insertion loss variation at the input connector increases measurement repeatability.
■No damage connecting fibers because there is no physical contact.
■Supports SM, GI (50/125 μm, 62.5/125 μm) and large core fiber up to 800 μm.
Optical input structure
(note. AQ6373B uses a fixed connector)
With an advanced monochromator, faster electrical circuits, and noise reduction techniques, the AQ6373B achieves fast measurement speed even when measuring a steep spectrum from DFB-LD signals, or when measuring a low power signal from a broadband light source.
Wide Span Sweep yet High Resolution
The 50,001 data sampling points expands measurement range in a single sweep while keeping a high wavelength resolution. This makes your measurements easier and more efficient than conventional systems that use a low number of sampling points and require multiple partial measurements to cover the complete wavelength range.
Easy to Keep Accurate
Ambient condition change, vibration and shock to an optical precision product, like an optical spectrum analyzer, will effect the optical components and eventually degrade optical performance.
Using standard functions, the AQ6373B can maintain its high optical performance within a couple of minutes so that you can quickly start a measurement.
Optical alignment function
Automatically aligns the optical path in the monochromator using the built-in source to maintain high performance.
Wavelength calibration function
Automatically calibrates the spectrum analyzer with an external light source, to ensure the wavelength accuracy.
Built-in optical alignment source
Note. GI 50/125µm fiber is required.
An external light source is required for the wavelength calibration.
Note. There are cases that the optical alignment and wavelength calibration function cannot correct optical performance.
Periodical calibration is also required.