The Battery Extra Load Unit BXL-A is designed to be used as an add-on load to the BLU-A series of devices when a required discharge current or power exceeds the capacity of the single BLU-A device.
The BXL-A device is based on the state-of-the-art technology – the most advanced power electronics solutions, including 6 fans, are integrated into the device. It provides high discharge currents (up to 250 A DC) applicable to battery systems with up to 300 V DC voltage levels. A combination of the BLU and BXL devices enables performing the capacity test in an accurate, user-friendly way according to the battery testing standards (IEEE 450-2010 / 1188-2005 / 1106-2015, IEC 60896-11/22 and other relevant standards).
The BLU-A device (in a BLU-BXL system) provides a control of the discharge process. The BXL-A device simulates a constant load during the discharge test – its load parameter (resistance) can be set in the discharge test preparation stage. The BXL-A provides flexibility in selecting its load capacities – several resistances can be set for majority of commercially available nominal battery voltages.
- Used in a system with BLU device to increase load capacity
- Lightweight – starting from 12,5 kg (28 lbs.)
- Powerful – discharge power of up to 35 kW
- Voltage measurement range: up to 500 V DC
- Discharge current – up to 310 A DC
- Measurement resolution – current 1 A, voltage 1 V
- Discharge process controlled by BLU device
- Connects to battery terminals and parallel to BLU device